Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Own Personal Psalms Of Truth

Oh God Your word is clear and true.
Your ways oh Lord are magnificent in the end,
but the fight to understand them along the way deepens my faith and trust in You.
Your love oh God is of one who has never known my faults.
My walk with You changes me and molds me to be like You.
I read in Your word that You love the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
I know this to be true oh God.
For when my heart was broken You loved me.
When my spirit was crushed and saw no hope in the future You saved me!
You’ve taught me to be strong, courageous, and not to be terrified or discouraged during the most hurtful times of my life.
For You were there beside me when my tears were falling and my arms bleeding wanting to help, but I pushed You away when I should have reached out to Your hand oh God!
Then I couldn’t hear You over all the voices in my head!
But now I’m reaching arms wide open to You God.
For Your ways are higher than mine, for You are all knowing, and all powerful.
You have been here, for there is nothing new under the sun, moon, or stars that You have not already seen or have gone through.
Oh Lord You give me hope in the darkness.
So once again I give You my life to guide and to control, for You will carry me through the rest of my days!
written by:
~Rachel R. Layton~
in March 2008

No comments: